Chale / Moers / Plasschaert / Altaber / Moulin / Kalma - “Noises”
Reissue of an LP from 1977, remastered and with facsimile reproduction of original cover.
Around the time Marc Moulin played the last concerts with Placebo, he met the young musician Michel Moers and, impressed by his vocal delivery, Marc invited him to the small studio of his friend Dan Lacksman to work on the songs, ‘Ma Mère Etait propre’, ‘Musaque Etniq’ and ‘Il Est Heures’. A few weeks and recording sessions later the trio decided to release these on the compilation ‘Noises’, on the very short-lived label Kamikaze.
Michel Moers discovered an unknown Deliverance riff with a mouth harp and flute, Daniel Plasschaert stretched out an amazing new world in only 50 seconds, next level field recordings by Robert Altaber used next level field recordings and Ariel Kalma transformed a poem by Thibet Marpa in a mesmerizing ambient composition.
Noises is a rather uncommon collection of songs that ranges from pieces with stunning vocal harmonies by Ilona Chale and her brother Eric, an hypnotic chant where Marc Moulin blends a speech of Belgian King Boudewijn with reel to reel tape techniques to a trance anthem, already bringing in the vibe that would become popular via the group that evolved out of this: Telex (known from the hit Moskow Diskow).
1. Eric & Ilona Chale & Michel Moers – Passé Dedans/Hymne
2. Michel Moers – Musaque Etnik
3. Daniel Plasschaert – Tue-Toi Dans Le Vent
4. Michel Moers – Ma Mère Etait Propre
5. Michel Moers – il Est Huit Heurs
6. Ilona Chale – Rester Dans La Silence
7. Robert Altaber – Les 24 Heurs Du Mans
8. Robert Altaber – Rotative
9. Robert Altaber – Trois Voyelles
10. Robert Altaber – Romances Sans Paroles
11. Marc Moulin – La Guerre
12. Ariel Kalma – Aman
13. Marc Moulin – Mes Chers Compatriotes