Various Artists - Text-Sound Compositions Vol. 11 (Stockholm 1974)
Fylkingen Records in Sweden never released these works until now, more than 40 years later! From 1968-70, they presented a series of 7 LPs in collaboration with the Swedish Radio, all of which contained material performed during the yearly festivals for Text-Sound Composition that Fylkingen arranged during those three years. A new series of records for 1971-74 was planned but, due to economic reasons at that time, they were never made. Fylkingen now finally continues the series with vol. 8-11 – one record for each year´s festival..
On volume 11 the emphasis is more on electronic sounds than on text or voices.
- Christer Grewin (SW) – Ord som… (9.20) A delicate, introvert soundpiece.
- Lars Hallnäs (SW) – Mit einer Rede von… (3.35) Hallnäs used a German voice and radio waves ‘paying close attention to wave fluctuations caused by solar flares’, a slightly confusing and unconventional short piece of spoken word and cut up electronics.
- Roberta Settels – P4 (7.30) Fascinating piece, full of noisy layers and radio static. Settels (1919-2014) was from the US but settled in Sweden in the 1950s.
- Jon Appleton (US) – Rödluvan (7.00) Eight-year old Axel Bodin (son of Lars-Gunnar Bodin) reads the story of Rödluvan (Little Red Riding Hood), to which sounds from the Buchla synthesizer were added.
- Eugeniusz Rudnik (PL) – Wokale (4.45) High, singing voices as well as electronic sounds.
- Rune Lindblad (SW) – Jag vill hem (9.25) A very powerful piece of electronic sounds, old voices and filtered sounds of coughing.. Lindblad was THE pioneer of electronic music in Sweden, who started making electronic and concrete music already early 1950s.